Saturday, August 18, 2012

I'm a star (and so can you!)

Ignore my silly expression! Anyway, today I went on a long trip to a bunch of Civil War sites, including Petersburg, which was the largest destination of today, essentially. It was a really long day, including about seven hours in the car! Plus, it was so humid and hot! So, I'm a bit tired to say the least. I just took these OOTD a couple minutes before making this post, because I really want to keep up! I'm probably going to fall asleep as soon as I'm done. I'm heading to my home state of Maryland to visit Fort McHenry! Should be exciting, I've never gone and it's the bicentennial! 
Anywayy...








I had to wear sneakers today! I never wear sneakers. Pretty much the last time I did was last summer when I went to Lynchburg with my partner and Warped Tour the week after! Before then? About two years without wearing sneakers! I actually had to buy these last night, so I have a couple of nasty blisters. At least they looked cute and went well with my dress! And so, here's a crappy picture as proof!

I had to include this, it's my favorite pictures that I took today. Too bad Gavin (my step-uncle) is a bit in the shot. This place was seriously lovely, it's a manor (cannot remember the name, starts with a 'W') where Grant had a cabin for a while. Lincoln also stayed here for a short while, not long before he was assassinated. It was seriously beautiful and I could totally imagine a cute wedding occurring there!

Anyway, onto more outfit pictures!
I really do not know why I continue to make that face!


Dress: Torrid, size 2.
Jacket: Wal-mart, XL. As stated in yesterday's post, it's from that old Miley Cyrus line.
Belt: came with a dress from Target's Plus Sizes, size 2.
Necklace: Torrid.
Headband: Forever21 (comes in a pack!)
Everything else: Thrifted
Sneakers: Payless, airwalks.
Socks: Target.

Now for a few more pictures!
Surgical tools! How lovely!

The sign says, "During the intensity of the fighting, bullets sometimes collided--these two met point to point." I thought it was too cool to ignore!

My cute knees! 

A reconstructed cabin!




Two pictures from the creek!


There are horse trails at Petersburg park! I thought it was pretty cool that this guy was on his horse!




The crater! It's a pretty bad picture, I know!

The manor!

Laundry and kitchen.










No comments:

Post a Comment